Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Welcome to the BukkitPluginSection  (Read 5695 times)

Toxic__Waste

• Administrator

• Personal Text
    Long Live Minecraft
    • View Profile
    • T.U.Minecraft
Welcome to the BukkitPluginSection
« on: October 20, 2014, 08:29:25 AM »
First of all I want to say thx to  CloudeLecaw for putting this list together.
He will also be adding the external links here in the download system(for ease of searching).
Give him time to complete his job..

Link to Downloads

Now this is a list of known plugings that work with Rainbow.
Support will be limited due to these plugins are not made for Rainbow.

If you find a bug list them here and the might be fixed in later updates of codecrafter's version of the bukkitbridge.
You may also want to go to the authors page and ask for help. Or maybe request that they port their plugins to Rainbow.

gyurix

• Plug-in Maker

• View Profile
    • Gyurix Development Hub
Re: Welcome to the BukkitPluginSection
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 09:30:51 AM »
We really want to use bukkit plugins? I though, this Rainbow will be a new server API with new plugins, so it will drop all the bukkit plugins, not make a BukkitBridge and continue using them.  :(

EDIT: Don't vote down, that's only my own opinion, I know, most of the people hate new things, and still want to use the old Bukkit plugins. So I think, that's why this whole Bukkit plugin thing is started.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 10:16:09 AM by gyurix »
Do you know, who I am?
I'm the developer of the ProtectionCore, Clans and the Api-Collection plugins.

Are you a developer?
This is my JavaDoc

Do you have any suggestions for a plugin?
PM them me.

UD13N0W

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 02:52:47 PM »
i'm half on the fence on that as well,, i want to see rainbow grow larger then bukkit ever could.
BUT atm there aren't that many plugins, sure there are a few in the making but nothing that will get you your old servers back.(yet)
until then we need this support, personally having world edit and voxelsniper working on the first few releases was enough for me, since every other plugin i used is either half useless or not available in the API yet.

Good job and thanks Cloude for taking the time to test all these plugins and keeping the list updated for us!
When i have a bit of time i'll compile a list for you to add to your own(whether you check them after is up to you but you can be assured i'll fully test every one for any bugs(commands, gui(wont work), log errors, partially working(if so, what), whatever else i can think of to slap into the list)
**edit** we should only need some quality core plugins and a few "essential" plugins for the various types of servers, and not get as saturated as bukkit was with the many unnecessary copies of copies of copies. so far we r off to a good start with a few good replacements

« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 03:33:51 PM by UD13N0W »

Toxic__Waste

• Administrator

• Personal Text
    Long Live Minecraft
    • View Profile
    • T.U.Minecraft
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 04:47:07 PM »
its only a matter of time before all bukkit plugins will break.i dont want to discourage rainbow plugins but i think before rainbow has enough plugins to really take over we need a bridge for server owners to give players options..I am also going to contact the plugin devs that cloud lists and ask them to port their plugins.I may turn some to do that but most will say no..

UD13N0W

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2014, 04:58:18 PM »
all we can do is try, i could imagine their reluctance to want to start with a brand new api when they have a fully working one right in front of them regardless of whether it ever gets updated again, but they are skilled programmers and if they are still interested in playing minecraft and still love programming then i dont see why they couldnt be persuaded to at least try it out.
 i'm pretty sure some of the current rainbowDevs were previous bukkitDevs.

Bruh664

• Personal Text
    Bruh, the bagels are coming for you!
    • View Profile
    • DNA Craft
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2014, 10:05:49 PM »
We really want to use bukkit plugins? I though, this Rainbow will be a new server API with new plugins, so it will drop all the bukkit plugins, not make a BukkitBridge and continue using them.  :(

EDIT: Don't vote down, that's only my own opinion, I know, most of the people hate new things, and still want to use the old Bukkit plugins. So I think, that's why this whole Bukkit plugin thing is started.

I'm sorry. I have to disagree with you there. Rainbow isn't just a new API, it's intended to be used in similar ways as bukkit. We don't want to be limited by time to create new plugins for Rainbow. So making a bridge to allow bukkit plugins is perfect. It being a different API is why it's so critical to make this bridge. I'm using Rainbow as a transfer from bukkit because it's 1.8 compatible and works better than the 15 other APIs I've tried. But if bukkit were able to update to 1.8, I would switch right back. BECAUSE OF THE PLUGINS. So since other APIs are compatible with bukkit, and people are even staying in 1.7.9/1.7.10 to use bukkit, it's critical that we create a bridge for bukkit plugin compatability so that people don't give up on the Rainbow Project, and/or it becomes less popular/abandoned. We don't want that. But there are so many bukkit plugins out there already, it would be extremely useful. And Rainbow isn't a competetor, it's a replacement, and currently, a better replacement. And as soon as the bridge is working, then it's far better than bukkit right now. ;) k?
The bagels will rule the world someday. Become a burrito and you may be safe...
no promises.

BillyGalbreath

• Plug-in Maker

• Personal Text
    Plugin Developer
    • View Profile
    • Pl3x
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2014, 11:08:50 PM »

I'm sorry. I have to disagree with you there. Rainbow isn't just a new API, it's intended to be used in similar ways as bukkit. We don't want to be limited by time to create new plugins for Rainbow. So making a bridge to allow bukkit plugins is perfect. It being a different API is why it's so critical to make this bridge. I'm using Rainbow as a transfer from bukkit because it's 1.8 compatible and works better than the 15 other APIs I've tried. But if bukkit were able to update to 1.8, I would switch right back. BECAUSE OF THE PLUGINS. So since other APIs are compatible with bukkit, and people are even staying in 1.7.9/1.7.10 to use bukkit, it's critical that we create a bridge for bukkit plugin compatability so that people don't give up on the Rainbow Project, and/or it becomes less popular/abandoned. We don't want that. But there are so many bukkit plugins out there already, it would be extremely useful. And Rainbow isn't a competetor, it's a replacement, and currently, a better replacement. And as soon as the bridge is working, then it's far better than bukkit right now. ;) k?

I have to disagree with you, too. Bukkit is dead. I say let it die with dignity. I would much rather the RainbowMod creator (DiW) spend his time making the API better instead of spending it on a bridge. This isn't Bukkit. Bukkit plugins aren't expected to work on anything other than Bukkit.

Even Spigot had trouble running a lot of Bukkit plugins (and vice versa) and it was built on the same API and implementation... Why anyone expects a bridge to fill a gap that even Spigot couldn't is beyond me, especially since the gap is now x1000 bigger..

IMHO, if you want Bukkit plugins, stay on Bukkit 1.7.x - Most of the Bukkit plugins werent even designed to run on 1.8. There's been so many changes from 1.7 to 1.8 that I'm honestly surprised at the few plugins that actually do at least half work on bridge.
-Billy

I have moved over to the Spigot 1.8 project. \o/

gyurix

• Plug-in Maker

• View Profile
    • Gyurix Development Hub
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2014, 02:19:42 AM »
And Billy got the point :D
But really you are absolutly right, why you want use an old plugin for old API, if you can use new plugin for new API. I think, WorldEdit is the only plugin, why you really need this bridge, am I right?
Do you know, who I am?
I'm the developer of the ProtectionCore, Clans and the Api-Collection plugins.

Are you a developer?
This is my JavaDoc

Do you have any suggestions for a plugin?
PM them me.